The Sardinian terminals were established from 1672 to 1860 to mark the border which separated Dauphiné from Savoie; in Laissaud, Les Marches, La Chapelle-Blanche, Détrier and Arvillard.
This border was first established in 1672 by the Treaty of Saint-Germain-en-Laye. Then, by the Treaty of Turin of 1760, the King of Sardinia Charles-Emmanuel III and the King of France Louis XV ratified the route of the border and their states. Precise maps were drawn up and boundaries were definitively put in place in 1761. On the basis of the second treaty of Paris, new boundaries were planted in 1822 and 1823. Finally, in 1860, Savoy was definitively reunited with France with the Treaty of Turin. An imperial decree divided Savoie into two departments: Savoie (73) and Haute-Savoie (74).
Spoken languages Français